uba employment opportunities
The Urbana Business Association seeks Summer Intern
The Urbana Business Association is a not-for-profit, member-based organization whose mission is to promote Urbana as a dynamic place to live, work, and do business through the marketing and promotion of member businesses, special events, and community outreach.
The internship is unpaid, but offers the opportunity to gain experience across a multitude of platforms, and to make professional connections in the local community. Applicants must be self-motivated, creative thinkers, and must be able to multi-task effectively.
Intern duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintain prompt and effective communication with the Events and Marketing Manager, as well as the Executive Director regarding various projects.
- Gather information from staff on various events, campaigns, and communications to organize activities that maximize potential for financial and non-financial success.
- Review website data prior to distribution ensuring that all public communications are accurate, and that the recipient list is current and functional.
- Utilize existing and surfacing technologies such as social media to broadcast UBA’s message to new audiences.
- Communicate with various third parties to gather accurate information in planning events, and maintain prompt and professional follow up.
- Assist in executing a multitude of events for the organization.
- Work in concert with staff to prepare effective advertising strategies that effectively market events.
- Accept delegated responsibilities in areas such as membership, events, etc.
- Perform clerical work such as telephone, correspondence, and provide feedback to management on ways to improve efficiency.
- Maintain adequate and complete records in both electronic and physical form.
- Other duties as assigned.
The position is for the summer with the possibility of extension and begins at the immediately upon hire. The weekly hourly commitment is approximately 15-20 hours per week.
All applications must be received by no later than 5:00PM on Friday, May 12th, 2017.
Interested students should send a cover letter, resume, and references in PDF form to:
Executive Director, Urbana Business Association