uba employment opportunities
Marketing and Events Manager
Job Purpose: The Full Time Marketing & Events Manager is responsible for planning, marketing and execution of reoccurring or special events as well as advertising, promotion, and graphic design services of the UBA; provides leadership assistance in the planning, organization, operation, and evaluation of said events designed to generate revenue for the organization, and provides its members and the business community with an opportunity to reach new and existing consumers; provides promotion of its members and the business community through a variety of avenues with an opportunity to reach new and existing consumers; produces various, ongoing advertising campaigns for the organization that serve to inform businesses and the general public about our mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Updates Executive Director on matters as they relate to marketing, promotions and events.
- Manages all promotions by updating local community calendars, social media, e- newsletters, sending out press releases, managing press contacts, acting as a media spokesperson, working with local media on finalizing ads with various contracted media outlets and designing print material for any UBA marketing as well as the members of the UBA.
- Generates creative ideas for current and new events and assists approved initiatives from concept to completion. Initiatives should advance the mission of the organization, its members, and local businesses.
- In alignment with the directives of the Executive Director, assist or manage event operations.
- Primary contact for volunteer coordination, direction, and recognition during the event cycle.
- Acts as the primary contact for intern and special event staff with respect to daily duties and scheduling.
- Attends events and meetings where UBA representation is necessary, acting as an ambassador for the UBA as well as the Urbana business community, and professionally advances the organization’s mission to interested parties.
- Must possess creativity, strong communication/writing, and problem-solving skills.
- Effectively managing tight deadlines and multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail, follow through and adherence to brand standards.
- Effectively use self-discipline and initiative to work both independently and in teams, budgeting time and meeting deadlines and production schedules.
- Effectively using initiative to stay updated on the latest trends and practices marketing graphic design.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Graphic Design Duties
- To plan, analyze, design, and create official marketing materials that educate and inform both internal and external audiences about UBA's mission, people, programs, and services.
- Provides creative support for web graphic needs.
- Formats text and graphics, creates graphs and charts from data; coordinates proofing and corrections.
- Prepares electronic files according to commercial printer's requirements and checks printer proofs.
- Provides preliminary proofing of text and reviews final product to ensure it is complete and accurate.
- Coordinates, designs, and produces a variety of official UBA publications and marketing collateral which may include brochures, catalogs, print ads, posters, fliers, booklets, mailers, PowerPoint slides, and promotional merchandise.
- Originates design concept and layout for materials including photo selection, digital manipulation, and font usage adhering to brand standards; generate updates and changes as needed.
- Collaborates with and consults with the Executive Director on text that accompanies the design to ensure the needs of the organization/client, the message the design should portray, and its appeal to end users is effective.
- Graphic design theory, typography, color theory.
- Technical expertise with Adobe Creative Cloud such as InDesign and Illustrator.
- Publication layout and design.
- Commercial printing requirements and practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
Work Hours: This position requires attendance at night and weekend events and may include hours beyond the normal workday. During the Market Season (November through April), the work week will fall Tuesday through Saturday. During the Non-Market Season, the work week will fall Monday through Friday, unless the schedule is changed due to special events. For the purposes of the Fair Labor Standard Act, this position is classified as exempt which means that you will not be eligible for any overtime pay for any hours worked in excess of 40 hours per week.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; and one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Communication Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and government programs or regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and public announcements. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from members, business owners, City officials, and the general public. Ability to make presentations to various groups as well as prepared and impromptu statements through various media.
Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and percentages.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer Skills: Extensive computer work. Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software and graphic design and publishing applications including Adobe, In Design, Microsoft Office, Internet or any other effective design software.
Annual Salary: $30,000
Benefits: Paid Holidays and 15 Paid Time Off days per year
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and references in PDF form by December 9th. Please email them to:
Paris Baldarotta, Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: November 11, 2017 @ 4:00 p.m.